Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Horrible Night

Now I know that with newborns moms are expected to understand that there will be days and nights were you question your sanity. Last night though was beyond just questioning my sanity. I believe that I teetered on the edge of insanity as I had a major meltdown at 3:30am on my living room floor because Leah would not stop crying. Normally I would not have minded so much, but nothing, I repeat, nothing was able to calm her down. Not even the tried-and-true Lamby Swing that quiets her down in 2.2 seconds flat.

Instead I found myself jumping from one remedy to another in a bleary-eyed desultory state that left me racked with frustration. The main culprit of Leah's discomfort, you ask? I have no idea. I want to say it was gas or constipation, but I can't be sure. I think I could have convinced myself it was gas last night in hopes that there would be an end to the screaming and crying. I could have told myself anything at that point last night. Someone could have said that it was because she was allergic to the color beige and in twelve days after drinking apple juice mixed with ketchup the color beige would stop upsetting her and I swear to god I would have believed that. Really I would have because it would have meant that someone had an answer for me that would end my misery.

But alas I have no answer. No real answer. I have my speculations that I ate onions and this caused her to have gas, but I have no proof. So I'm waiting. I'm anxiously awaiting tonight (because Leah has been passed out today due to her formidable exertion and thus stopped screaming) and I'm hoping that whatever caused last night's torment is not a repeat offender.

No comments:

Post a Comment